For Kids & Teens
The Children and Teens Program
The Children and Teens Program (CTP) offers support to kids and teens at our Warminster and Philadelphia locations as well as out in the community through on-site support groups offered at several local middle and high schools.
CTP provides social and emotional support programs specifically designed for kids and teens. We provide support to:
- children/teenagers of someone who has cancer
- siblings of someone who has cancer
- cousins, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, neighbors, or friends of someone with cancer
- children/teenagers with cancer
- children/teenagers who have lost someone to cancer
The CTP programs are organized by our professional Children & Teens Program staff, and are overseen by the staff and trained volunteers.
In the CTP, children and teens find healthy ways to express their feelings. They get to laugh and play with other children and teens who can relate to what they are experiencing. They support each other with their expertise about living with cancer. We offer weekly, monthly, and annual special events that provide our young members with inspiration and hope.
Additionally, the CTP offers a program to be available for children while their parents attend programs at Gilda’s Club and Ridgeland. We ask for 48 hours advance notification if you wish to bring your child. This is to ensure we have plenty of supplies and volunteers for the activity.
Several of our programs are listed below. Please see our full calendar for a complete list of this month’s programs and additional information. We are always coming up with new ideas!! All of our programs are free.
- Kid Support & Teen Support : An 8-10-week peer support group for kids ages 4-17 who have cancer in their lives. Parent Group: A group for parents of children/teens attending the Kid & Teen Support groups. These groups are held in the spring and fall. Click here for more info.
- Straight Talk about Cancer (STAC): A peer support group for teens in middle or high school who have cancer in their lives. This group takes place on-site at several local schools during the school day.
- Kids Living With Loss: Groups for kids 4-11 who have lost someone to cancer
- Teens Living With Loss: A group for teens 12-18 who have lost someone to cancer
- Hang Out: Fun open play nights for kids while parents attend one of our adult groups.
- Kids in the Kitchen/Teens in the Kitchen: kids have the opportunity to follow a recipe and create a snack in our kitchen (yours stays clean!)
- Teen Expressions: An art focused group for teens to creatively express their thoughts and feelings.
- Camp Kids: A week long day camp in the summer. Each day has a different fun theme.
- Teen Camp: A 2 day camp in the summer for our teens.
- Gilda’s Railway: At our Gilda’s Club location, we have an outdoor railway. Members of the Bristol Railroad Society take care of the tracks and run our Bachmann Trains (donated by Bachmann). The trains run on most special events and in the summer.
- Family Activities: We have many opportunities for families to come and spend time with each other. We do the organizing, set up and clean up. You come out and have fun!! See calendar for schedule and details
- Fall Fest: Our annual Halloween party for children, teens, family, and friends. We have a blast every year! Lots of games, crafts, activities, and tons of food. Check the October calendar for scheduling!
- Breakfast with Santa: An annual holiday party in early December for our young members.
- Spring Egg Hunt: We hunt for hundreds of plastic prize filled eggs each year. A fun way to welcome spring!
- Christmas in July: Santa takes a break from his vacation to give us a visit. He never comes empty handed.