We’re excited to announce the winners in our 2014 Teen Essay Contest, which invited middle- and high-school students to write about how cancer affected their lives. The winners are:
High School Contest
- First Place: “In Loving Memory” by Abby Perks of Warminster
- Second Place: “Best of Luck, Spiderman” by Tom Weir of Newtown
- Third Place: “A Million Smiles Away” by Victoria Mengel of Ivyland
Middle School Contest
- First Place: “Hey Cancer, Why Grandma?” by Kasie Bloss of Quakertown
- Second Place: “Cancer Won’t Get Me Down” by Madison Sibley of Bensalem
- Third Place: “How My Mom’s Cancer Changed Me” by Hayden Head of Lansdale
To read each winner’s essay, please click the link on the essay title.
Thank you to all the local teenagers who shared their stories!